Educating teachers

When Federal Education Minister Christopher Pyne announced plans for future teachers to be better educated he was confronted by protestors and the incident turned a bit nasty with Police using pepper spray.
There were howls of protest - who wouldn't when sprayed with liquid chilli.
I believe there is merit in ensuring that our future teachers are better educated and have the skills to nurture the development of our future kids.
I do wonder how many of the protestors were actually future teachers. I suspect that they were university students who protest anything and everything.
My kids have mostly had good teachers, but there were a few duds along the way.
What's wrong with improving the quality of our future teachers?

Comments

  1. It's sensible to ensure that our future teachers have adequate education and skills

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I would appreciate your feedback.