Graft success ✅

Some months ago I attended a half day plant grafting workshop.
I went home full of enthusiasm and grafted plum on plum, white peach on yellow peach, avocado on avocado and pomegranate on pomegranate.

Results:
Plum
Peach
Avocado
Pomegranate

I discovered that avocados are best grafted in late November in Adelaide.

But I had given up on the pomegranate graft attempt. It wasn't looking hopeful. I remember just how hard the wood was; and the plant stalk was a bit thicker than I would have liked. Nothing seemed to be happening.

Yesterday it was pure joy to discover that the graft had taken and had several shoots.
The type of pomegranate I grafted is called 'Wonderful'; a modern and sweeter fruit with better eating seeds.


Over time I will make this graft dominate the tree.

Comments