Fix the bad footpaths in Unley

  

Today I was out door-knocking and letterboxing.

The footpaths are terrible 😡 There are so many bad sections across Unley.

Real trip hazards 

Attached see pics of a really bad trip hazard.

I found this hazard in the Ward where Michael Hewitson was a councillor a few years ago. And only recently there were new kerbs, but the footpath was not fixed.

It seems that over the past 4 years, the condition of the footpaths has deteriorated. It’s really woeful. I believe it is due to Unley Council focusing on trees and canopy and ignoring the basics like maintaining our footpaths.

When I discovered the serious trip hazard, I imagined Mayor Michael Hewitson sitting in his parlour sipping his almond milk decaf latte coffee while he counted trees and the cost of $100,000s to fly aerial surveys to estimate the big tree canopies across Unley … all in pursuit of a dream to hike extra taxes (rates) for residents who do not have enough tree canopy on their property.

Imagine how much better our footpaths would be if so much money had not been spent on all the aerial surveys and associated costs.

 

I believe that under the leadership of Michael Hewitson, Unley Council has reduced the priority of basic services, like fixing the trip hazards on our footpaths.

 

It’s time for a change at the top 👍

In my opinion the past 4 years has been huge fail.

I will not be voting for Michael Hewitson and I urge you to do the same.

We can not let our basic services slip.

 

The only sensible choice is to Vote 1 Bob Schnell for Mayor of Unley.

Vote for Bob to fix Unley 👍

I commit to not drinking almond milk and planning higher rates.

 

#Unley #EverardPark #BlackForest #ClarencePark #KingsPark #Millswood #UnleyPark #Keswick #Goodwood #Wayville #HydePark #Malvern #Parkside #Highgate #MyrtleBank written&authorised by bobschnell 10halmonavenue everardpark




Comments