Yak Butter Coffee

A friend sent me a link to the latest 10 memorable Australian food trends.
It seems that I have not been keeping up with the trendy ones at the head of the queue.
I am a simple person and enjoy the simple pleasures of life.
One of those pleasures is a strong European style short black coffee aka. espresso.
Some days I opt for a short macchiato (an espresso with a thin layer of rich frothy milk).

Then along comes information about what’s new and trendy.
One of the latest trends is to use butter instead of milk in coffee.
I write blog this before I try it, and yes I will try it.
Knowing little about Tibetan food, it does sound rather Tibetan in style; they would use yak butter.
The question is, should I use salted or unsalted butter?

For a review of the latest food trends, visit the Australia Food Blog via this link.

Following my query about whether or not to use unsalted butter, my friend has sent me another link that expands on this topic. The recommendation is to use ghee or unsalted butter and optionally a splash of extra-virgin coconut oil. I'm beginning to think that I'll stay with my traditional style coffee. Here's the link.


Comments

  1. Gee Bob there is nothing better than a good yak over a coffee with friends!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just worked out your real name :)

      Delete
    2. Okay how about out me at our next meeting.
      Yours truly
      Betty

      Delete
    3. ok, deal. You buy the coffee if I'm correct.
      I know I'm right. I tracked your IP.

      Delete
  2. Sounds wierd but I will give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a good yak on coffee ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not going to change my coffee drinking style because of some new fad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. After hearing all this yuk about yak butter coffee, I will remain a tea drinker

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I would appreciate your feedback.