The Village Baker @ Black Forest ... yum

Just back from buying bread for lunch (and sandwiches for work during the week).
My favourite (and the best) bakery in Unley is The Village Baker in the shopping centre at Black Forest. All of our family birthday cakes now come from this bakery - try the cheese cakes, they are superb! Other favorites are the lamb shank pie, the fennel and pork sausage roll, the rye sour dough bread, the mini ciabatta rolls, the soy/linseed bread, the fennel and fig loaf, ... and the list goes on. Also, they have yesterday's bread at a reduced price - ideal for toast.
Last year, after an official award of 'best pie in Unley' to another bakery, I announced the consumers' award for best pie to The Village Baker. It is unfortunate that the official judges didn't visit the Black Forest bakery.
Trust me, if you want something special from a bakery, then visit The Village Baker.
OBW there is also a small selection of GF cakes - I bought one today as a treat for a GF friend.

Tip: If you want to keep the bread for a few days, then store in plastic in the fridge.



Comments

  1. I popped in today and bought a pie and sausage roll.
    Excellent. Huge selection. This bakery certainly deserves that award.
    I also checked out the cakes. They are on my list for the next special occasion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I popped in today and bought one of those old fashioned family sized pies.
    A chicken pie was my choice, about $20. Huge.
    I noticed the salmon quiche. Next time.
    A really great bakery.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I would appreciate your feedback.